Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thursday, April 15, 2010

This last week on April 7th, my brother went into the MTC. He was called to the Tampico, Mexico mission. I miss him here at home. I love him so much.

About a month ago I told my parents my eyes were bothering me. My parents wanted me to be looked at by some of my doctors at PCMC. (Primary Children's Medical Center.) I had to do many tests. Yesterday, my doctors had me do a Spinal Tap. The Spinal Tap tested me spinal fluid to see if my cancer came back. My doctors put me to sleep and pocked me in my back.

So... Last night I was sitting on the couch watching TV when I saw my mom walk out of the office crying. I asked my dad what was wrong and in response he said, "I think you know."

My cancer came back again. This is my fourth time going through this, but the Leukemia didn't come back in my bone marrow this time, well... at least I don't know yet. It came back in my spinal fluid. My doctors said they want to start as soon as possible. I can tell my mom and dad are worried, but I try to keep their minds off of it.

So... Taylor is in the MTC and mom and dad want to tell him, but they don't know how, so this morning I wrote him a letter:

ELDER TAYLOR AUSTIN
Hola! Como estas? Esta teniendo un gran momento? Lol! From the letter mom got from you, it sounds like you are having a great time. I'm so proud of you.
Your companion sounds like he is a great guy. Say "Hola" for me. Como es tu espanol? Es dificil? Es facil? Lol!
Well... Mom and dad told me that before you left, you knew I was having a few tests done up at the hospital. Mom and dad are having a hard time trying to tell you this, they think you should know. My test yesterday (Wednesday, April 14th) found out that I have Leukemia again. I just want to let you know that you don't need to worry. I love you so much, and I am so proud of you for being in the mission field. You are a wonderful missionary, and you will do amazing things.
Lots of Love,
Your Sister Emily!!

1 comment:

  1. Emily you are so strong. I love the letter you wrote to Taylor I know he loves you lots.And I feel our family will be blessed because he is serving a mission. LOL Aunt sabrina

    ReplyDelete